Based on the fact that I don't have a working camera right now (which makes the idea of a knitting blog sort of irrelevant, unless you really want to read my vivid descriptions of my projects) I am going to post some old pictures of past projects.
Koolaid dyed wool. This is bulky wool from a Peruvian sweater I unraveled. I boiled the water, added the Koolaid and then turn off the heat, let the wool sit in the hot koolaid water. After I dyed all the different colors, I read that the water should be lukewarm or the wool will felt, however, I did not have problems with it felting. I rinsed it in cool water.
|The orange is one packet of Black cherry and some turmeric spice. Do not breathe in the steam from this or it will make you choke. The red is three packets of black cherry.|
|The blue is actually much brighter than in the scan, it's the color of windex. I used 1 packet of berry blue punch. The green is two packets of lime, one packet of berry blue punch.|
|This is the detail from a cardigan I am knitting for Ivy: Fortunately I made it big, because I don't think it will be done in time to wear this winter. It's only the second time I have done fairisle--a technique I really enjoy--but I am still having trouble with my floats being a little too tight in places--you can see where it's pulling at the end of the one row. Blocking helps some.|
I am taking apart this sweater for the yarn. It's a blend of acrylic, wool and angora. It's really lovely, a sort of mossy green with flecks of cream and peacock blue. Not sure what I will do with it yet.