I finished my batik dresses. Mine actually turned out the best, but it needs some altering--it's too long and a little big, the catalog warned that the clothing would shrink but this didn't seem to that much. Overall I am pleased with this being my first time. One problem I had was planning the colors, my overdyes were lighter than I intended, and the underdyes showed through. This created a variation of color which is actually very pretty. I am enjoying the accidental processes that can result with batik, it can a forgiving medium that allows for happy errors.
Initially I was worried that Miranda's dress would be too dark with the underdye, but it faded quite a bit--I am not sure why. The overdye is a lovely bright pink. The design is supposed to be a snow leopard. It was going to be a cougar but I made the tail a little too thick.
The colors in Ivy's turned out very nice, but I am afraid it looks a little cluttered.
Pictures of my dress are forthcoming once I finish the alterations.
I went to the thrift shop today and picked up three hippie peasant blouses, the kind with an Indian print, thin fabric. I have been secretly wanting some clothes like these. I also got some pillowcases with this fabric
I normally don't go for cute fabric, but something about this was appealing, I think it reminded me of some of the things Hillary posts at Wee Wonderfuls
. Not sure yet what I will do with it, just goes into the immense stash box(es)