Tuesday, May 03, 2005

A few months ago I found a hemp/wool yarn at Pat Catans. It was so cheap--I think it was 1.50 for 200 yard skein-- I picked up a number of skeins without any real project in mind (which is generally how I always purchase yarn, which is why I have such a huge stash). It's a bit scratchy, so I don't think it will work for clothing, but it seemed it would make a nice bag. I would like to try the Monk's Satchel (this will open up as a PDF file). I discovered the yarn will actually felt nicely, I didn't think it would because of the hemp. So I am going to knit it on large needles, and then felt it to give it some stability.

I want to make some tank tops for the girls out of Bernat's Cottentots, it's just so wonderfully soft. I can't decide if I want try something lacy and fancy--maybe even crochet--or something simple. I will probably opt towards simple just because I am lazy and want things to be finished quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home