Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I have a new doll taking shape in my head and I just can't get her to come out right. I've been using the pattern and instructions at Runo Dollmaker, which I've used before but I am having problems this time. I'm using an old t-shirt dyed with tea, a medium she recommends, but I am not happy with it. I am thinking I need to splurge on cotton knit fabric, which is what I used on the three dolls I made before. But I am also thinking of going in a different direction. For me, I think there is a fine line between a doll that is not to simple and not to elaborate. I want a doll that is clearly defined as a doll, but I don't want it to veer toward grotesque--something that seems easy to do when you are trying to make a doll to realistic. I want a child doll, but not too cute. Something like what Molly Chicken did with this doll. I really need to order that book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home