Sunday, May 15, 2005

I have a new camera!

Hence, you will be treated to many pictures of past projects





After watching The Cat Returns, Miranda and I created this doll. She loves cats, so we made it look like Haru when she is transforming. I am not very happy with the face--I had washed the muslin so there was no sizing in it, but I still was having a hard time with the acrylics. It ran in a few places so there are a few odd smudges.





This is something I created after coveting the beautiful dolls at Magic Cabin. I really like how she turned out, but it was a lot of work, and Miranda doesn't really play with her, she just sits on a shelf. Still, she is beautiful.


These are some simple quilts I made for the girls. Ivy's was made while I was still pregnant--I waited until she was born to find out if she was a boy or a girl, so I did the quilt in shades of green. I used Cicely Mary Barker's Flower Fairies as inspiration for the appliques.







This is another purse I made creating a transfer with muslin and fusible webbing. I ironed the fusible webbing to muslin, leaving the paper backing on it, then fed it through my printer using the scanned image from Miss Happiness and Miss Flower by Rumer Godden. Isn't that fabric great? Both are from the thrift shop.



These are some felted slippers using a Debbie Bliss pattern. I used larger needles and heavier yarn, embroidered with crewel thread before felting. I really like them. The red yarn is just to hold them together.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home