Sunday, February 19, 2006

No Motivation

I am having trouble finding a project that inspires me right now. I have been working on some tiny baby pouches from this book to sell in my Etsy shop.

Omiyage:Handmade Gifts From Fabric In The Japanese Tradition but I don't know, they just aren't that great. I feel lazy sitting around not making anything, as though I am wasting time, but I don't know what I want to make. My new craft books won't be here until the middle of March, maybe something there will inspire me. At least with Spring approaching I can start on flowery, light dresses for the girls. I have some beautiful white fabric with aqua flowers I found at the thrift shop. It reminds me of a dress I had as a child that I only have the vaguest memories of, I think it also had an aqua grosgrain ribbon sash. I should look through my vintage patterns and make Ivy a dress with a fitted bodice and full skirt, like little girls from the '50's. Making dresses for her is fun, becuase she still is little enough that they don't take long to make.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home