Sunday, January 29, 2006

Poor neglected blog. I spend so much time reading other people's blogs, I don't have time to update my own. I have been pretty busy lately felting slippers and monsters to take to the Pittsburgh Knitting Festival

Here is an assortment of slippers drying on the vent. These old-fashioned vents have come in handy for numerous knitting projects.



The white pair and the magenta pair are trimmed with sari silk yarn, I am a little disappointed how they turned out--the felting process made the silk yarn quite stiff and hard. On the boots it isn't such a problem, but it makes the magenta slippers sort of bulky and unwieldy. The little mary jane shoes turned out great, I used Andean Silk from Knitpicks, it felts wonderfully into a much softer felt than the wools I usually use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home