Saturday, February 25, 2006

Sewing While Intoxicated

I really prefer sewing to knitting because it's faster (and cheaper). But the quickness of sewing also lends itself to carelessness, and sometimes I just need to slow down and check what I am doing.

I made these kimono-type baby jackets for my Etsy shop, but they look too wide, even though I followed the pattern. I don't know if I should redo them, or just put them up and see if they sell



It's such a simple pattern

I don't know why it's giving me so much trouble. It's really frustrating me. And I am very annoyed with myself, I had wanted to make one out of this fabric

but I placed the pattern the wrong way and the skeletons are upside down. I don't have enough to cut out another one. And then I had an idea to do a patchwork one, but piecing it together caused the proportions to change slightly, so the lining I cut doesn't fit. I need more fabric, you need a yard piece to cut out the whole thing, and all my fabric is scraps right now.

I did make this patchwork hat for the Etsy shop and was pleased how it turned out.

2 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, March 02, 2006, Blogger van said...

why don't you cut a new piece from another fabric - maybe black - and then just patch it? i'd look cool. patchwork like. ^_^ and i't look cooler with one side upside down.

 
At 12:53 PM, March 02, 2006, Blogger Donna said...

Thanks for the suggestion! I just need to find something that complements the fabric. It's about time to add to my stash anyway, ahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home