Wednesday, June 14, 2006

More smocks

I am not sure if I prefer to call these smocks, pinafores or aprons. I like the word pinafore, but to me that conjures up a fancier image, something dainty and lacy. I think maybe smock is the best choice. At any rate, here are a few more smocks for my Etsy shop.





This is the detail on some halter tops I made for the girls, they both wanted snakes.
Ivy got a boa


and Miranda wanted a rattlesnake (this picture is a bit blurry)


I am pleased with both. The stitches are messy from a technical standpoint, but I like the effect. I am starting to learn how to manipulate the design a bit by building stitches on top of each other and it's turning out better than I expected, embroidery has never been a favorite of mine but I am enjoying it more.

2 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, June 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are gorgeous. i love the embroidery and am trying to learn myself but i fear i am some way behind you.
very cute.

 
At 5:58 PM, July 09, 2006, Blogger craftymodster said...

Very lovely and adorable! You do smashing good work, you do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home