Monday, May 15, 2006

Monkey dress and Kappa smock

Dress for Ivy from the Aranzi monkey fabric:



Not sure how I feel about the color combinations, it doesn't seem very summery now that I have sewn it up. I was so eager to get started on working with the new fabric. When I bought it I had envisioned a dress in shades of brown, but--I don't know. It wouldn't be too awful to redo the skirt if I really decide I dislike it. The bodice is lined because I can never get interfacings to lie flat. It still needs to be hemmed, but I've been kind of flu-ey and achey all day and the girls aren't feeling well, so think I will put it off until I feel better--hoping tomorrow.

Kappa smock for Miranda. It looks big, but she likes her clothes loose and baggy so I think it will be okay.

4 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, May 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kappa smock is really cute. I like the monkey dress, but I agree...the colorway (can you use that for fabric as well as yarn?) says "fall" to me more than "summer". But then again, I have an orangey-brown summer dress. And if she doesn't grow too fast, just add a shrug in the gold or orangey-red color and she can wear it through fall too.

 
At 10:59 AM, May 16, 2006, Blogger Donna said...

Thanks! The monkey dress has room for a generous hem, so I am hoping she will be able to wear it for a while.

 
At 8:26 PM, May 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I really like your blog. I found it after you posted a comment on mine and I think you make just the cutest things and I am very envious of all your girls' dresses. I have added you to my favourites to remind me to check in with you.

 
At 9:33 PM, May 16, 2006, Blogger Donna said...

thanks! I've been enjoying looking through your blog. The baby quilt is beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home