Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Blanket Kitties

Made these blanket kitties for my Etsy shop






I can't decide which I like best, the crocheted cat or the knitted ones. Guess I will see which sells better.

I bought 20 yards of muslin a few weeks ago with my handy 40% off coupon from Joann's. I had great plans to batik it, but I am not enjoying batiking as much as I did when I tried it last summer. I seem to be having a lot more problems getting the dyes to set and I don't know what I am doing different. I made a few t-shirts for the girls that turned out good, but I think I am just going to dye the muslin in different colors rather than batiking.

Sometimes I have such a hard time balancing working on my own projects and doing things with the kids. Yesterday I worked on finishing some sewing projects most of the day while the girls were bugging me to go someplace. Fortunately it was cold and rainy, so it gave me a handy excuse to stay home. Today we worked out in the garden and planted seeds--which I thought was a fun project to do together, not quite sure they were convinced, although they enjoyed the digging for bugs part.

When Miranda was first born, I fell in love with the simplicity of Waldorf toys and most of my first toymaking ventures were waldorf-inspired. I made several dolls, but neither of the girls were very interested in them, despite the claims I had read about how children would adore them. Kathekruse.com has some wonderful waldorf toys, I love how simple these little animals are, I think I want to make some for Miranda and Ivy. My favorites are the donkey and the pig

Kathe Kruse

2 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, April 27, 2006, Blogger Jess said...

Ijust found your blog the other day. And bought book because of your website. It's all your fault ;) Anyway, Just wanted to come out from hiding and say my girls are the same way. The wladorf doll just aren't as exciting as the dools from Target...sigh. andI'm loving the site with the animal. those are way cute!

 
At 1:52 AM, May 03, 2006, Blogger Donna said...

Thanks! Ha, you should see how many books I now own because of the internet 8-) I have had to put myself on a Japanese Crafting budget.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home