Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Little Details

I am not much of a writer, but this website is fascinating me: Little Details

About a year ago I decided I wanted to teach myself Japanese. Actually, what I wanted to do was incorporate learning Japanese into our homeschooling, but I became so fascinated I began to focus more on my own learning. A year later I really don't know that much--it's difficult to find time to study. A few months ago I found out from another homeschooling mom that as an Ohio resident I can access Rosetta Stone for free through the Columbus Metropolitan Library . All I had to do was apply for an library card online, it was mailed to me and now I just sign in to the website for free language lessons. Rosetta Stone does have some shortcomings, I do feel it needs to be supplemented but being able to access it for free is wonderful. If you are interested in learning a language, it might be worthwhile to check the libraries in your area and see if they have made it available to patrons.

I am kind of hoping tomorrow is cold and rainy so I can sit the girls in front of the television without feeling guilty. My pile of cut-out projects in getting higher and higher, I need to start sewing them. I was going to start tonight, but first Ivy and Miranda were making little books at the dining room table, and then Miranda and Brian played a game. I need a craft room!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home