Thursday, August 17, 2006

Griffin Wings

Yesterday we walked to the post office. It was hotter than I had thought, so I bribed the girls with a promise of snacks at one of the corner stores that are all over the neighborhood. Armed with cans of pop and chips, we took a short break on the steps of St. Colman's, where Miranda was able to visit with one of the giant stone griffins that guard the entrance. She wanted to know if I could make a stuffed griffin, and then thought maybe wings for one of her lions to wear would be better--which I thought was a really great idea (and far easier than making an entire toy)

They are made from muslin, lightly stuffed with polyfil and machine quilted. I am not too happy with the feather pattern--not sure what I was trying to do. I probably should have put some sort of wire along the edges to stiffen them, they are floppie than I wanted. But Miranda was happy with them.

2 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, August 17, 2006, Blogger Junie Moon said...

I think it's wonderful and touching that you can take your daughter's idea and make it a reality.

 
At 10:23 PM, August 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the griffin wings! They're so sweet! And there's your wonderful Kiki doll again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home