Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Vacation

Have you ever had a job where you thought a vacation would be just the thing to refresh you and you would return to work eager to start, and instead when you returned all you could think about was how nice it was when you were on vacation, not working. I am starting to feel that way about my daily routine, the little breaks I get aren't enough to make enthusiastic about the return. I'm being selfish, there are so many moms who have far more strenous schedules than I do, with breaks few and far between. But I am getting a bit weary of the same old thing, day after day. This summer has been particularly tedious--Brian had rehearsals for the summer Shakespeare festival, then went to Toronto a week, and now that he's finished with King Lear, he's moving straight into rehearsals for Hamlet. So it's been just me and the girls around the house a lot, all day long.

I have managed to accomplish quite a bit over the past few days. Ivy and Miranda have been relatively content to sit at the dining room table and draw while I sew.

These are for Ivy, they just need elastic in the waist. The fabric is corduroy from the thrift shop. That patch pocket on the side turned out huge, didn't it! I'll see how it looks when she is wearing the pants.

These are for Miranda, blue corduroy pants with a fox patch pocket. I'm really pleased how the fox turned out, I had a lot of trouble with it at first.

This is a smock for Ivy to wear over long sleeved shirts. I just love this pattern, it's so easy but it looks so cute when she is wearing it. It's from ISBN4579110544


This is another kimono for my Etsy website. The fabric is a cream colored flannel with a red floral print. There is Japanese kanji scattered throughout the print, but I think it's just random words. I still need to do the Sashiko embroidery around the neck and sleeves.


It's going to be a strange night, I fear. Miranda's been running a fever all day, she's been sleeping since around 7PM. Brian was feeling sleepy as well, so is taking a nap so he can be awake if she wakes up in the middle of the night. If Ivy cooperates and falls asleep soon, I will actually have a bit of time to myself, but that is a big if.

3 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, September 13, 2006, Blogger Junie Moon said...

It sure sounds busy around your house. Make sure you get some rest, too. I love all the sewing projects you've done--the clothes for the kids are adorable and I'm crazy about the baby kimono. I hope Miranda is feeling better soon.

 
At 3:31 PM, October 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pants are wonderful. I love the fox applique.

 
At 8:05 PM, October 07, 2006, Blogger Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

your work is lovely! i was just looking around for smock patterns and found your etsy shop before i found your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home