Sunday, February 25, 2007

Gray and rainy, but not too cold today. We're debating whether to go to the Metroparks to see maple sugaring or to the downtown library for a Chinese New Year Celebration. The rain makes the maple sugaring not so attractive and and I am not terribly enthusiastic about struggling for downtown parking. MIranda is still sleeping so maybe we will just hang around the house today.

I've been exploring some ideas for a Japanese doll house--of which very few show up online, surprisingly enough. Surely there are other people who've made Japanese dollhouses? I did find that there was a model of Satsuki and Mei's house (from the movie Totoro) at the 2005 World Expo. There are actually a few pages about it in one of my Totoro books, but I didn't understand the Japanese well enough to realize what it was. There is also this book, which includes blueprints and plans for constructing the house. Wouldn't it be great to build a Satsuki and Mei dollhouse! I wish I had known about the book when I placed my most recent order--which should arrive sometime next week. I am trying to pace myself with Yesasia orders and really should wait a few more weeks before placing one, shouldn't I?

1 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, February 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Too late for me too! I also have a yesasia order coming my way... Darn! But I've put that book in my wishlist, so next time. A dollhouse would be nice, but I'd rather have a big-sized Satsuki house for us to live in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home