Friday, June 08, 2007

Thunderstorm and Amigurumi

Bah. About an hour ago the skies got very dark and it seemed as though a perfectly lovely thunderstorm was going to come sweeping through. I could hear distant thunder and even smell the rain. But before even a drop of rain fell, it all must have blown over because it's sunny and blazing hot again.

Ooh, wait, maybe there still is hope. The wind is picking up again and I see more dark clouds.

I was out a little too late with friends last night and now, despite several cups of coffee I just don't seem to be able to get moving. We've got a pretty busy weekend ahead of us so I think I am just going to declare today a lazy day. Ivy's been talking to me non-stop since about 9AM...

Well, it's an hour later now and we did get rain, it cooled down nicely. Ivy occupied herself with a book for a while and I was able to work on a project from my new book Fun Cute Amigurumi ISBN 4415102859

Amigurumi is something it's taken me awhile to get interested in, not sure why. But look how cute these are!

I'm working on the cat in the basket for Miranda. I also like the little school pig with his yellow hat and randoseru--a backpack traditionally used in Japan by elementary schoolchildren.


The kappa and the cat dressed like a ladybug are also future projects.

And I love these little bears!

3 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, June 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the little pig, but also... who is that next to him? a little peanut? with a bow-tie?! dashing!
and on the following page: a heroic and jubilant cup of coffee? (wait, bowl of rice? carton of milk?)


oh... they're ALL really cool.

 
At 10:38 AM, September 22, 2007, Blogger GIMENA said...

Hi Donna !
I'm Gimena from Argentina. I love knitting and Crochet too. And I'm want to know if you can e-mail me a copie of Fun Cute Amigurumi Book and also the patterns of thise loving amigurumis . I ask you this favor because here, in Argentina, we don't found Japanese Books and we cannot order to Yasasia, for example, becouse they don't send books to Argentina.
If you understand my petition and can send me the book I was really really happy!!!!!
Thank you!!!!

 
At 2:57 AM, November 02, 2007, Blogger K and S said...

great blog you have here and on typepad! I want to learn amigurumi too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home