Thursday, May 17, 2007

Mudbath

This was actually my idea:


What could be cooler than a mom that actually encourages you to play in the mud? Great fun was to be had--until it was clean-up time and they both decided that the water from the hose was far too cold. And this was sticky mud, too. I still am cleaning grit out of the bathtub...

That picture was taken on Monday when it was nearly 90 degrees. The past few days have been cooler and rainy. I finished this outfit and now it looks as though Ivy won't be able to wear it until the weather changes again

I rushed through the top a bit and the hem puckers slightly. If I press it, it's not too bad but I think maybe I should redo it. I tend to want to finish something in a hurry and then am hiding the sloppy bits. Slow down!

This is the applique on the pocket on the pants. See how the pocket isn't really a rectangle? Rushing again, although I have convinced myself this just looks artistic.

1 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, May 17, 2007, Blogger Bumbershootska said...

I think that the pocket has a ....MONKEY on it!!!
Love the idea of playing in the mud - you're a great mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home