Monday, March 06, 2006

A Room of One's Own

I really had kind of forgotten about A Month of Softies but as I was perusing crafting blogs, I was reminded how fun it was to participate. So my submission has to do with the one room in my house that I can actually have to myself from time to time




I used this Japanese book for the idea

The one in the book is actually a whole bathroom made of felt, so the toilet sits against the wall. The one I made won't stand upright unless it's leaning against something. And I don't like how the seat and lid won't lie flat. I put cardboard in both of them, but I think maybe I should have put a piece of cardboard under the top of the toilet bowl as well. Still, Miranda is delighted with it--she'd wanted me to make one ever since she saw the picture and Ivy wants me to make her one as well.

Now I just have to figure out how to use Flickr so I can actually submit it

2 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, March 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what an adorable little loo! (A sentence I never thought I'd write...) I'm envious of the collection of Japanese craft books behind the loo too.

 
At 9:34 AM, April 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of my favourite books in the background!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home