Saturday, March 11, 2006

New Books!

This one is my favorite


ISNB 4579110544
It's filled with wonderful yet simple dresses, tops and pants. I think I might be able to put together a whole summer wardrobe for Ivy, I can't wait to get started. If I start them now, they might actually be finished by May or so. It includes full size patterns, but they overlap on the paper so you need to copy them onto something else rather than just cutting them out.

These are some of my favorites:




I think the buttons down the front would be great using the technique shown in the embroidery book

Unfortunately they don't include a pattern for the kitty, but it looks as though it would be easy to figure out, especially using Hillary's Pointy Kitty tutorial at Wee Wonderfuls

ISBN 4277311482
Many different embroidery patterns that seem to work well with my rather slapdash technique. I've already worked a few as patches for the kimono jackets for my Etsy shop.


ISBN 4087803651
This one is okay. Lots of different projects, some for kids, some for adults and some to be done together.

I already have my next wish list lined up. I need to stop perusing Crafting Japanese

2 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, March 17, 2006, Blogger iHanna said...

the dresses are super cute, good luck with the sewing a wardrobe! :-) sound like lots of work, and lots of fun!

 
At 12:49 AM, March 24, 2006, Blogger Donna said...

Thanks! I am figuring 3 pairs of pants, 3 tops and a dress, that should a make a good dress-up wardrobe of nice stuff and then I can supplement with t-shirts and shorts. The patterns are actually all quite simple, but we'll see if I actually succeed, I will post pictures if I do 8-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home