Saturday, May 05, 2007

House Shoes

I really am please with this latest batch of cloth shoes. The pattern is from Craft Cafe Kids ISBN 4529043320.

These are baby shoes. The next two pairs are for an older child, approximately a size 9 and a size 10. I am not satisfied with the soles--I need to come up with something that is less slippery. I read an article in Martha Stewart's magazine that showed how to make slipper socks by using fusible webbing to attach ultrasuede to the bottoms of wool socks, but that still seems kind of slippery for a child's slipper.

I especially like the little felt flower on the strap.

2 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, May 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your new house shoes are wonderful! I too have been wondering what to put on the bottoms to make them less slippery in our house of scant carpets. I was thinking of sewing in some of that rubbery stuff that they use for shelf lining or carpet under-pads. But then again, Max likes his slippers to be slippery so he can slide across the floor!

 
At 1:53 PM, May 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the felt slippers. Did you embroider the bee on the top?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home