Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Satsuki and Mei's House

Satsuki and Mei's house (from the movie My Neighbor Totoro) was reproduced at the World Exposition 2005 in Aichi, Japan. I don't know if it's still standing. This book shows photos of the rooms as well as blueprints and construction plans. I wish I had been able to visit, it's wonderful! Although apparently visitors were limited to only 500 per day-- and reservation tickets were balloted by national lottery, which received so many answers that the chance of being elegible were minimal.

ISBN 4835615417




2 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, May 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

although we have had that film for a year now, and Loo (my son) has played it over and over, yesterday was the first time that I actually sat down and WATCHED every minute of it. I kept saying 'what a GREAT house! I wish WE had a house like that' obviously many people feel the same way. Miyazaki is brilliant. thanks for the info!!

 
At 8:29 PM, May 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooo! Thanks for the ISBN! That's going on my wish list at yesasia! I LOVE that house! If I could get that tree too, wouldn't that be wonderful?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home