Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Unfair

There appear to be two basic genres for Japanese doramas, light fluffy comedies and those that are so darkly depressing you are desperate for any hope. The dark depressing ones are also generally the thriller type that I enjoy. I just finished watching Unfair, a drama I had started to watch about a year ago, but only the first two episodes were subbed. Finally someone finished the series and I got to watch the whole thing. It was really good, but oh man, the ending. So sad I went around for several days brooding about it. Many Japanese dramas deal with the idea of being unable to escape your past and this one was no exception. Now I am watching Watashitachi no Kyokasho, which apparently is currently airing, so it takes about a week for each new episode to get put up. Depressing, but there's a bit of suspense as well. And while I am waiting for new episodes, I started watching Byakuyakou, but I am not sure I will be able to finish this one as it's really beating me over the head with the darkly depressing part and I am certain it won't end well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home