Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Non-skid soles

I've been searching for something to use as a non-skid sole on the bottoms of the slippers shoes I make--and apparently I was putting too much thought into it. Instead of looking for something that could be used as a non-skid sole, I just needed to look for actual non-skid soles

Jiffy Grip

It's the stuff you find in the feet of footie pajamas for little kids. Joanns sells it by the yard, it's about 15" wide, 3.99 a yard. I am not having any trouble sewing it with a heavier needle. Here are the first pair of shoes I made with it.





I hope we have another storm blowing in. I love sleeping when the rain is pouring down hard. We had a pathetic little 10 minute storm earlier, I am hoping for something more substantial. Rain tomorrow would be nice as well--I'd like an excuse to stay in the house since I am coming down with a cold--achy joints, drippy nose, scratchy throat. This happens every year. I sail though winter with nary a cough, and then the warm weather comes and I am sick. Usually it just lasts a day or two so it's not that bad.

1 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, May 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's brilliant. Who would have thought? Now I have to go see if my JoAnn's has it.

I hope you're feeling better soon. Colds during the spring and summer are extra bad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home