Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Girly Style Wardrobe

These arrived last week, but I am only now getting a chance to post about them
ISBN 4579111362

The title of this is something about wearing textures, and that's the best part of this book. I don't like all the patterns, but the way textures and neutral colors are combined is really lovely. I especially like this dress. I am not sure if it's obvious in the scan, but the bodice has been quilted with a simple running stitch going vertically and horizontally.

Long jacket

scarf

ISBN 457911132X

I have another book by this woman, which I really loved, I made almost all of Ivy's clothes from it last summer. This one is nice, but it seems like a lot of the same projects. The other book is all summery stuff, and this one does include some cooler weather clothes patterns which will come in handy.

3 Comments:

At 3:13 AM, April 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What gorgeous clothes in that book I can see why you were tempted.

I was very interested in reading about your Japanese student. Are you studying the language now or did you live in Japan before? I lived there nearly 20 years ago(!) and I can hardly remember a word.

 
At 11:47 PM, April 07, 2007, Blogger Donna said...

Simmy--I've never been to Japan, but I've been studying Japanese on my own for about a year and half now. It's quite challenging, but fun.

 
At 1:55 PM, April 26, 2007, Blogger Knittymama said...

Those are beautiful! Do they have any boys patterns?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home