Thursday, May 26, 2005

I finished up the prototype slippers for the DIY show, since apparently the script includes the phrase "here are photos of Donna's children wearing their slippers!" They turned out pretty good. I still like the knitted ones better, but these are cute. And the slipshod stitching could be considered "primitive" I suppose. And in fact in my new Japanese craft books, a lot of the embroidery and stitching is a bit "messier" than I am used to seeing, but looks closer to my own handwork anyway, so that's good.

Here are pictures:


This really isn't such a great photo, you can't see Miranda's slippers at all. I really need to take some lessons, or read a manual on how to use this camera. Sometimes my pictures turn out great, other times they look like crap and I am not sure why. I think Miranda is telling Ivy not to walk away




These are Ivy's, they are supposed to be monkeys. I think I am going to add a cuff to the top of them.




Miranda's are supposed to be cats. I don't think they are very catlike, but she likes them. Her's could use a cuff as well.


I finised up some more summer clothes for the girls. This is a sort of patchwork dress, I really like the simple style and the lined bodice means no struggles with facing.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home