Friday, June 30, 2006

Flower Hat

Several months ago I submitted a pattern for a new Lion Brand Yarn book. When I didn't hear anything, I figured it hadn't been accepted. A few days ago this showed up on my doorstep



At first I was a bit worried that I had ordered it late one night after a few too many glasses of wine, but since I check my bank account regularly to account for such deeds, I was pretty confident I hadn't, although a bit puzzled until I actually opened the box. So, guess it was accepted. Now I actually have to make the pattern.

Here is the hat in progress (I have an aversion to acronyms and abbreviations)



There will be matching slippers as well, but I am having a problem with guage, the first one was tiny, the second two big. Am hoping the third will be just right.

I don't really care for the colors. When I was choosing them online, the yarn looked more varigated and more muted, it's a bit bright for me in real life. I doubt I would choose this project myself based on the colors, but then I rarely make something in the recommended yarn/colors anyway.

1 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, July 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, cool! Will the flowers go on the hat? Good luck with the slippers, I hate dealing with matching gauge...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home