Monday, October 09, 2006

Yesasia.com

The improvements to the Yesasia website are going to make it very difficult to stick to a budget. Now you only have to spend 25.00 to get free shipping and it's so much quicker, it used to take on average 5 weeks, my package arrived within 3 weeks this time.

This time I got 2 books I've seen on other blogs
ISBN 4529042049


ISBN 4579110919


as well as one I found by browsing
ISBN 4579108272

This one is really lovely, shows how to make five traditional kimonos, 4 for girls, 1 for boys. With my limited Japanese, I am pretty sure these are meant to be for the Shichi-Go-San Festival. I"m just not sure how much I would use this book, but I am going to hang on to it for a bit. It would certainly be more practical to sell it, especially since I already have a new order lined up at Yesasia...I suppose there are worse vices than too many Japanese books. I can always rationalize that they are helping me learn to read kanji.

2 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, October 09, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Ah yes, Japanese Craft Book Addiction, I know it well. I use the YesAsia site too, that free shipping makes it rude not to spend the required amount. I have the middle book and have just made a couple of dresses from it, lovely simple patterns and beautifully photographed as always.

 
At 4:05 AM, October 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesasia is evil! Always trying to steal my electricity bill money! The design collection for kids book looks super.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home