Monday, May 30, 2005

I have a lot of dye. I guess I was used to RIT dye and didn't realize how much I was actually ordering. The batik dresses are now sitting in plastic bags, tomorrow I will rinse them and maybe attempt to remove the wax. So far the colors look great, if the wax removal goes well I think I am going to be very happy. I had dye left over so started pulling clothes out of the closet thinking what could I dye deep purply-blue? I have a pair of pants and a skirt sitting in the dye right now, I think I might have a dress that could fit in there as well. But I got my rubber gloves wet and couldn't get them back on so now I have purplish hands. Oh well, looks artistic. Better than when I dyed my palms orange with fake tan dye, back in the 80's. And what was sad about that is everyone knew what it was, I couldn't even play it off saying I was dyeing clothes or something.

They're actually a bit fascinating. I had to stop typing so I could stare at them a bit.

Joann's had a sale this weekend (well, they have a sale every weekend, they're like the grocery store. It's just finding the sale that has the things you need) so I got more patterns--I keep losing pieces from the ones I have--and some seersucker fabric. I was rather proud of myself that I went in to buy just those things, and left with just that. Well, I did pick up some more thread.

I started the Monk's Satchel (opens up as pdf. file). I am using a yarn that is a blend of wool and hemp, I tested a swatch and it does felt some, enough to make it sturdier. Not sure if I will leave in natural colored, now that I have all this dye.

1 Comments:

At 3:11 AM, June 01, 2005, Blogger Hsien Lei said...

This blog is great! I bet you're going to get a lot of visitors after your debut in LA. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home