Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Bluebells

Finished up the hat and shoes I was designing. The more I worked on it, the less and less I liked the colors. So I did a second in blue, which i like much more. There is a crocheted flower on each side to make ear flaps.

Striped set


Bluebell set


I am getting a little worried about copyright law, and reading around online is just confusing me more. I am inspired by a lot of different things and often I see something I like, then try and figure how I can change it to make it uniquely mine. And now I am not sure that is enough--but then what is? Look at how many basic hat and bootie patterns exist, some patterns are so similar, what makes them not in violation? It's just that I have to sign a contract and now I am anxious that somehow I have violated something. I did come up with the shoe pattern on my own, but I have seen ones with a similar shape. Ah, worry.

1 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, July 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are both lovely. I love the colors in the striped one. Seeing things like this makes me really wish I could figure out how to crochet beyond crochet in the round!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home