Monday, July 03, 2006

Paper Dolls

Envious of the vintage paper dolls that Heather at Making Time found, I decided to make my own. This isn't quite the finished project, I need to use different paper to get the right effect with the watercolor pencils. Still, I am quite pleased, especially considering I haven't drawn in a while





I remembered reading about Family Drawing Time at Whip Up but the few times I suggested it, no one was interested. I always forget that the best way to get my daughters involved in a craft is to just start doing something myself, inevitably they will wander over and want to join in. Sometimes a bit frustrating, but today it worked to my advantage. We all made paper dolls together. I drew the outlines (the Dingo wasn't my best effort), they colored and cut out.




Not a bad muggy, rainy afternoon after all!

2 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, July 05, 2006, Blogger JRS said...

Hi! I'm replying to the comment you left on my blog about swapping stuff...I can easily send you all the Japanese craft books/magazines and Japanese learning materials etc that you like! I'm always going out and buying the craft books for myself, so it's not a problem to pick up more! I looked at your etsy shop, and you make the cutest stuff! Would you be interested in swapping for handmade items? My sister is pregnant and those baby kimonos and onesies are adorable. Just let me know! You can email me at jillracheleATyahooDOTcom

 
At 5:54 PM, July 09, 2006, Blogger craftymodster said...

They all look so sweet! I understand completely about artistically motivating the wee ones at times, although I am fairly fortunate mine love to create 'stuff.'

I found your site via 'Crafting Japanese', and must say it is wonderful...all the items you create are very lovely!

anjo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home