Saturday, November 04, 2006

New House

We are first time homeowners of a lovely old house. I am not sure if it's Victorian, but it's at least 1920's. Beautiful woodwork, wood floors, gas fireplace. And a wonderful large kitchen. It was all rather sudden, at least to me, and I am walking around in a bit of a daze thinking good god we have a lot of stuff to pack up. We close at the end of November, there is a bit of work that needs to be done before we can move in so we are hoping to be settled by the middle of December. I am not looking forward to doing this right before the holidays, but I figure the girls aren't going to care if everything is still in boxes, as long as there is a tree and stockings. This does put sort of a rush on making Christmas gifts. Fortunately I've been doing rather well the past few days finishing up projects, the toddler knapsacks are just about done and the pajamas only need elastic in the waistbands. I am so relieved the pajamas are done. I really didn't like the material Miranda picked up, monkeys with bright blue eyeshadow and red lipstick, and the words sweet.
It really made me rather grumpy to work with it. And this was the first time I've worked with a print that very obviously had a right side to it and I was careless cutting pieces out, so Ivy's top is upside down. I figure it will look right side up when she is looking down at herself and left it that way. Besides, they are pajamas, we are the only ones who will ever see them. Or perhaps not, because as homeschoolers Miranda has a penchant for wearing her pajamas in public, much to her dad's dismay.

Let's see, packing, baby shower gift, packing, Christmas gifts--and more packing. Need to get started!

1 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, November 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, how exciting! I love old houses! Good luck with your move, I know it's one of the most work & least favorite things to do. But at the end you'll be in a lovely new house!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home