Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Doll book and felt bento

Thanks to Mollychicken I was reminded of one of my favorite doll making books.

I remember finding it at the library when I was in high school and experimenting with different types of dollmaking. I made my sister an African doll with a baby on her back--I have no idea what happened to it, I had actually forgotten making it until I saw the picture in the book. Thanks to our great interlibrary loan system, I was able to find a copy, but I think I may have to purchase a copy of my own.

This is another great crafting book from my youth. Some of the projects are a little too eighties for my tastes (despite growing up in that era, I truly have very little nostalgia for it) but there is so much in it that I am able to find things I like.


And to add to my list of things I want to make, mr. monkeysuit linked to this wonderful website and now I want to make Ivy a felt bento.

2 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, November 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the wonders of felt! I love that bento link!

 
At 11:23 AM, November 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A couple of weeks ago I did a search on Ohio Link for "womans day book of" and this one ... and several others popped up. I ordered at least 7 of them. They have been coming in one by one over the last week. Just thought I would let you know in case you wanted to do the same.
btw, this is Kat, I cant remember my blogger password right now lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home