Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Man, I am having a bad crafting day and it's making me grouchy and mean. I started a Christmas dress for Ivy using one of my Japanese books, and it's not coming out right at all. It's far too wide in the bodice and the sleeves don't hang right. I'm finding this book a lot more difficult to navigate than the other one I have, and it's really frustrating me. At this point I don't think what I've done so far is salvable, and I'm not that crazy about the print combination I chose either. But I really hate feeling as though I have wasted fabric. I suppose I will end up using it for something, but I am quite annoyed right now and taking a break from the machine.

I also am a bit disappointed in Craftivity . I almost hesitate to post this, since it's gotten such glowing reviews blogwide, which is why I ordered it in the first place. I think if I had looked through it first (I bought it off of Amazon) I probably wouldn't have bought it. The projects are fine, but I didn't see very many I thought I would ever do.

And it took me forever to get decent pictures of the newest items I wanted to put on Etsy. And I really don't like how the new Etsy looks.

2 Comments:

At 4:54 AM, November 15, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh dear, I had a day a bit like that yesterday, I must have redone the same seam about 4 times and it still isn't right. The thing is, I know in those situations that the right thing to do is to step away from the project and go and do something else but I find it hard to let go.....

Hope things start going right again soon. Love the felted mouse by the way, I have been wanting to try some needle felting for ages but haven't got around to it yet, looks like you have really got the hang of it.

 
At 9:10 PM, November 15, 2006, Blogger Herbal Tonya here said...

hi
thanks for visiting my blog- and the Flick Ricka and Dicka reccomendation! Glad I found your blog too as it is inspiring to me.....I am just finding the art of Japanese inspired crafts....It is hard to buy books without first getting a chance to peruse. I too struggle with findng the time to create........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home