Sunday, March 04, 2007

Arggh, I hate when I waste a lot of time struggling to make due with something. I am attempting to make a doll and for economy's sake, decided to use an old t-shirt (well, truthfully it wasn't that old, but Brian has tons of t-shirts and won't miss just one). It's just not working right, it doesn't have the proper weight. What I really wanted was some of this fabric but I figured I would work with what I have-- it just isn't the same.

Although I just remembered I have an old waldorf doll I was never quite happy with, but put away because I figured the cloth might come in handy...

It's been a frustrating evening in general, I have several doll projects going, I tried making one with muslin and it's lumpy and the seams are pulling. And recycling the waldorf doll isn't working either. My sewing room looks like something exploded, it's nearly 2AM and it may be time to give it a rest and go to bed.

1 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, March 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just made my first doll. One of those Knitted Babe dolls. I'm not in love with her. But my daughter and I will have fun making more clothes and accessories for her, and thay was really my reason for making her. Hopefully it will help me gain the skills to make better dolls in the future. When I do, I'll be sure and avoid using muslin for the bodies:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home