Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Dolls' Dressmaking

Look what arrived in the mail today!

Dolls' Dressmaking by Winifred Butler, c. 1962
I found it in the school library when I was about 8 and I didn't quite yet have the sewing skills I needed to create the outfits. Later the book disappeared from the library and I would search for it every time I got a chance, but it never resurfaced. I don't know if it was lost, or simply discarded because it was an older book. I actually found it again back when I first started selling books, but decided to sell it, certain that it would turn up again at a library sale but it never did. Fortunately it was fairly easy to find a copy online, it's just when I was attending library sales all the time it was more fun to try and hunt down books there rather than just ordering them.

I love that pink coatt--I had a similar one of my own in yellow that my grandmother made me for easter one year. There are even instructions for making the little button boots.

Very 1960's! These dolls would have been quite fashionable.
Another project for the neverending to-do list!

1 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, November 25, 2006, Blogger Herbal Tonya here said...

THanks for the book recomendations by Rumer Godden. They look great I look forward to sharig them with Zoe. I love book reccomendations!

Also I love your kid aprons(such as the abc's! Would you consider custom making one with fabric I send you???
-t

 

Post a Comment

<< Home