Tuesday, December 05, 2006

If you don't mind using a bit of imagination, you'll be able to see what I've been up to recently. All I have right now for pictures is the scanner, so I can only post portions of projects.

I was doing a bit of Christmas shopping last weekend. I had told myself it was okay if I didn't make Christmas gifts this year, what with the move and all I had enough going on. I was looking at an apron, oven mitt, towel set for Ivy to use in her kitchen set. I carried it around the store thinking, I could make this. I could make it so easily, in fabric I liked, I have some great stuff at home I just bought. But why not give yourself a break and just buy it. It's not that big a deal. I ended up putting it back on the rack because where's the fun posting a picture of a store-bought apron?

So, this is what I made. Remember, imagination.
This is an apron in the style of the others I have posted, with the criss-cross back. The picture is of the pocket on the front, with a fossa embroidered on it. You may recall my post about Ivy's love of the fossa The green fabric is some linen I picked up as a remnant, I love that color.

This is a child size matching oven mitt, the orange fabric is the same as the body of the apron.

And this is the towel. I rather like how it turned out and might make some for my own kitchen, but in different colors.


And last of all, this is the detail on a kimono type jacket I made for Ivy, it's the same pattern as the baby kimonos I have posted in the past and sell in my Etsy shop. This is wool felt applique with some embroidery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home