Saturday, December 02, 2006

Thanks for the comments on my burglary post. I'm no Pollyanna, but I am realizing how much worse it could have been--another online friend was completely cleared out over Thanksgiving weekend, the robbers stole Christmas presents, their television, computer and many other things. Despite my anger, I realize we are fortunate to be a household with several computers, the thieves only took one. We have renter's insurance and will be able to easily replace the things stolen.

On a happier note, we received the keys to our new house Thursday night. Now the hell of actually moving can begin! We are refinishing the wood floors downstairs so will have to pile boxes in the kitchen and upstairs. But at least we can start!

2 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, December 03, 2006, Blogger Meredith said...

Maybe it is too early to joke, but at least now you have a few less things to move ;) I'm still keeping you all in my thoughts! Chin up, a new door is opening, literally!

 
At 4:03 PM, December 05, 2006, Blogger Junie Moon said...

The whole burglary thing is horrid but I am thrilled for you that you're finally moving into your new home. What a grand Christmas gift for your family this new house will be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home