Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year's Goals

One of my friends referred to her goals rather than resolutions and I really liked how that sounded, because it seems to put more emphasis on the process rather than the outcome. So, my goals for 2007

-drink more water. There was a period in my life when I was single where the only thing liquid I imbibed was coffee and alcohol. I guess there were ice cubes in the vodka tonics. I had to be so severely dehydrated. Anyway, I do drink more water now, but I need to drink even more. Our new refrigerator has one of those water things, so I am going to start getting something to drink everytime I am in the kitchen.

-stand up straight. I've always been kind of slouchy, but after my second pregnancy my posture was really shot to hell. I slump my shoulders horribly, and tilt my pelvis the wrong way. It looks awful. I am going to make a conscious effort to improve my posture, and not just when I catch a glimpse of myself in a store window.

-work harder on my Japanese. I was really pushing it seriously for a while, working from a textbook, doing lesson, I've really slacked off lately. This is a goal I intend to pursue for a while, and I don't want to slack off this soon, not when I've already made some progress

--Be more patient. Take a deep breath more often. Take that little extra bit to deal with things I don't like. I get so impatient with Miranda sometimes. I am getting better I think, but I still blow up at her over trivial things. I need to pause.

This list looks so trivial. I am sure there was more. Well, if I think of anything else I will post it. Sitting up straight and drinking a glass of water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home