Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Now that Christmas is over, I have plenty of time to sew and with my marvelous new sewing room, there is no excuse not to. I've already started on curtains for the kitchen, made some cushions for the window seat and a dragon hoodie for Miranda (which just needs cuffs and a waistband). It's a lot of fun to sew when you can shut the door, or even when you don't shut the door and everyone plays quietly (or not so quietly) while you strew fabric about to your heart's content.

I have an itch to make a doll, probably one for myself. My daughters are more stuffed animal kids, the few dolls I've made them don't get played with very often. Which is fine with me, because I can be selfish without feeling guilty. This was one of my favorite books as a child, I wanted a Japanese doll and doll house so badly. Recently I've been researching Japanese dolls again and what I would love to own is an ichimatsu doll such as these but looking over ebay they seem to be a bit out of my budget. I am contemplating purchasing this e-book, it's a PDF complete with patterns, but I don't know--I am a bit hesitant about buying a PDF, it's just not the same as a book. The dolls at website are fabulous, I especially like the little girl in the sailor dress. I've used her pattern before and it's a good one, especally the construction of the head. It's got such an anime look to it thought, and I do want something that looks more traditional. I've been looking through my doll books at home, but I have a feeling I may go with the e-book.

1 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, January 08, 2007, Blogger Bumbershootska said...

I can't believe it! We had the same favorite book when we were kids - no one ever knows about this book when I bring it up. I so wanted a Japanese doll and doll house, too! I still love this story and how special those dolls were:) Thank you for reminding me how wonderful it it is ( I love Godden!!!!)

Tara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home