Saturday, March 17, 2007

Exercise Incentive

There is a Joann's fabric a little more than a mile from my house, so today I decided to walk to it. The sky was blue, the sun was shining and even though it was cold, it was still a pleasant walk. And I felt entirely justified in buying fabric after saving money on gas and being ecologically-minded. Surely what I spent on fabric was far less than a health-club membership. Now all I need to do is walk to the Joann's at least three times a week.

Miranda reminded me of this doorway puppet theatre I made a few years ago, after seeing a similar one in the Magic Cabin catalog. I'm not sure why it's been packed away for so long--all it needed was three wooden dowels to help it hang straight. Or maybe it's just that no one really showed any interest in it up until now. Whatever the reason, they are ready to play with it now.

This is at a bad angle because there was a shelf of fabric in the way.

If I can figure out how to put together a tutorial, I will post one because it really was quite easy to construct.

1 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, March 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely puppet theatre! Also, a great idea to walk to JoAnn's!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home