Saturday, March 24, 2007

Finished up some of Ivy's Spring/Summer wardrobe. It's probably going to be a while before she can wear any of this--despite the warm weather today I suspect there is still one more snowfall due to us here in Cleveland.

This is from ISBN 4579110919. It ties in the back so will probably need to be worn with shorts or pants.


She loves having her picture taken

I don't like this book as much as I thought I would. I think I need to play around with the patterns a bit--I think I just don't like the fabrics they chose for many of the dresses and that's affecting how I perceive the style.

This is from a vintage pattern I found at a nearby antique store. I really like it--it's actually a very simple pattern but I love the look, probably from the 1920's. There are bloomers to match.


This is a blouse, pants and skirt set. The grosgrain ribbon around the bottom of the first tier really makes the skirt stand out nicely, as if it has a crinoline under it. The skirt and pants are just basic patterns, the blouse is from this book
4579107802

Mitsuna, the Japanese student who is visiting for a week, will arrive on Monday and we are busy preparing for her stay:

Sign for the airport. It says "Welcome to Cleveland" in Japanese. At least I hope it does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home